From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:49:57
1 On Tuesday 07 September 2010, Al wrote:
2 > > If this were a news-group, your messages would still be filling up the
3 > > list and we'd still need to filter out your messages.
4 > >
5 > > How do news-servers help keep the noise level down there?
6 >
7 > We go in circles here. NNTP is be default organzed in threads. You
8 > don't open a topic that you are not interested in, even if the thread
9 > has 500 messages. Nothing to filter.
10
11 emails too. But you still get the 'new mails' indicator.
14 > People already pointed out that you can do the same with IMAP, that
15 > gmail does the same in the web interface. People that use this
16 > features don't need to complain of to much noise.
17
18 or pop. Noise is still noise.
21 > It is the rest that complaints of noise. With having mailing list as
22 > default way of communication this rest is bigger than necessary. End.
25 nope. Wrong.