From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 19:26:49
2 > If this were a news-group, your messages would still be filling up the list and
3 > we'd still need to filter out your messages.
4 >
5 > How do news-servers help keep the noise level down there?
6
7 We go in circles here. NNTP is be default organzed in threads. You
8 don't open a topic that you are not interested in, even if the thread
9 has 500 messages. Nothing to filter.
10
11 People already pointed out that you can do the same with IMAP, that
12 gmail does the same in the web interface. People that use this
13 features don't need to complain of to much noise.
14
15 It is the rest that complaints of noise. With having mailing list as
16 default way of communication this rest is bigger than necessary. End.
17
18 Al