From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] RSA Vs DSA keys for SSH authentication
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 23:45:47
1 On Monday 09 October 2006 17:51, Drew <drew.kay@×××××.com> wrote about 'Re:
2 [gentoo-user] [OT] RSA Vs DSA keys for SSH authentication':
3 > RSA has
4 > the advantage of allowing longer key lengths
5
6 From what I understand, the DSA algorithm has no particular ties to the
7 1024-bit key length (implementations should be easy to modify for a
8 different length) but there are no protocols that support using other key
9 lengths with DSA as part of their standard.
12 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
13 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
14 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
15 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh