From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bouncing messages
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 15:08:26
1 On Wed, 18 Jan 2023 08:51:10 -0500, Jack wrote:
2
3 > >> Now was there (I recall asking about this previously, but I forgot
4 > >> what the answer was) a way to get a message-ID from that internal
5 > >> number, or at least a way to get the address of the message's
6 > >> archive copy on the gentoo website?
7 > > I haven't found it, if so.
8 >
9 > Some time back I traded some emails with a sysadmin about this, and I'm
10 > pretty sure there is no way to make that translation.  The number is
11 > internal to the list software database and is apparently not surfaced
12 > anywhere except such messages.  In my case, I was usually able to to to
13 > the archive page for the list, and by displaying as messages (instead
14 > of threads) identify the one I never received.
15
16 You can also request redelivery of messages based on the internal numbers
17 if you follow the help advice in all list message headers.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW!