From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bouncing messages
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 13:53:13
1 On 1/18/23 06:44, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, 18 January 2023 08:59:21 GMT Nuno Silva wrote:
3
4 [ .... ]
7 >> Now was there (I recall asking about this previously, but I forgot what
8 >> the answer was) a way to get a message-ID from that internal number, or
9 >> at least a way to get the address of the message's archive copy on the
10 >> gentoo website?
11 > I haven't found it, if so.
12
13 Some time back I traded some emails with a sysadmin about this, and I'm
14 pretty sure there is no way to make that translation.  The number is
15 internal to the list software database and is apparently not surfaced
16 anywhere except such messages.  In my case, I was usually able to to to
17 the archive page for the list, and by displaying as messages (instead of
18 threads) identify the one I never received.
19
20 Jack