From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Capture AVI DV, or RAW DV
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:16:39
1 On Saturday 27 January 2007 13:49, Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 10:54 +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I would like to capture the content of some digital video tapes from a
6 > > camcorder with a firewire connection onto my PC and burn a DVD with it.
7 > > Editing would be nice, but not necessary at this stage and I am looking
8 > > at kdenlive for this purpose (kino requires all of the Gnome libs, which
9 > > I do not want to install on this machine).
10 > >
11 > > Unfortunately, kdenlive does not have a capture ability. I am thinking
12 > > that there must be some engine-room-command available to do this without
13 > > all the kino gui and dependencies.
14 > >
15 > > What would you suggest?
16 >
17 > The "easiest" way is dvgrab. It's a command-line app that does one
18 > thing: grab video from a digital camcorder via Firewire. You can then
19 > use whatever program to edit the video as you see fit.
20 >
21 > Come with plenty of disk space.
22
23 He, he! :) I know what you mean. Thanks for the suggestion. dvgrab seems
24 to do exactly what I want - well, if only the autosplit functioned as
25 advertised - and it can also save the data in an avi wrapper.
28 Regards,
29 Mick