From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Capture AVI DV, or RAW DV
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:55:07
1 On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 10:54 +0000, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I would like to capture the content of some digital video tapes from a
5 > camcorder with a firewire connection onto my PC and burn a DVD with it.
6 > Editing would be nice, but not necessary at this stage and I am looking at
7 > kdenlive for this purpose (kino requires all of the Gnome libs, which I do
8 > not want to install on this machine).
9 >
10 > Unfortunately, kdenlive does not have a capture ability. I am thinking that
11 > there must be some engine-room-command available to do this without all the
12 > kino gui and dependencies.
13 >
14 > What would you suggest?
15
16 The "easiest" way is dvgrab. It's a command-line app that does one
17 thing: grab video from a digital camcorder via Firewire. You can then
18 use whatever program to edit the video as you see fit.
19
20 Come with plenty of disk space.
21
22 -m