From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get inside of my faulty install?
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 09:28:19
1 > On Mar 1, 2015, at 6:58, German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Now I need to get to /boot partition of my faulty install and edit gummiboot .conf file. Can someone walk me through on how to accomplish this? ( step-by-step commands ). Of course I have a rescuecd at my disposal. Thanks!
4
5 Boot into the rescuecd
6 Open your first disk with gdisk or parted:
7 gdisk /dev/sda
8
9 List partitions (p<enter> in gdisk and print in parted)
10
11 Find a partition of the type EF00. That is your UEFI boot partition. Mark down the number of that partition. The number most likely 1.
12
13 If you didn't find EF00 partition search the next disk (sdb).
14
15 Mount your boot partition (in my setup it is sda1):
16 mkdir /uefipartition
17 mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /uefipartition
18 nano /uefipartition/loader/entries/gentoo.conf
19
20 Just edit and save and you are done. If you have everything setup as in the wiki (http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gummiboot) this will work. Neil gave the same instructions... This is just a bit more detailed.
21
22 I like to always keep grub installed because it is like swiss army knife for booting. You can always get a shell and find your lost kernel image. Even if it is still in /usr/src... So you kind of like never render your system to an unbootable state. Nor would need to use rescue cd. And you can boot windows, memtest, chainload etc!
25 -Matti