From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I control ttyS0 respawning speed?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:03:36
1 On 21. 4. 2010 9:43, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
2 > Jarry wrote:
3 >>
4 >> s0:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 ttyS0 vt100
5 >> It mostly works, with one exception: right after boot-up
6 >> I get this message:
7 >>
8 >> INIT: ID "s0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
9 >>
10 >> How can I control that respawn speed, or prohibit this
11 >> behavior (disabling ttyS0 for 5min)? I do not like waiting
12 >> 5min to log in, after I restarted server...
13 >>
14 > Don't know the answer to yr question. But I'm also not sure if you're
15 > asking the right question.
16 > When I last saw "respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes", it was
17 > actually an issue with the spawned process not being able to start. I'm
18 > therefore suggesting you'd want to consider checking why agetty cannot
19 > run, rather than working around init's behavior.
20 > Amit
21
22 You may be right, but I did not find any clue as why is agetty
23 spawning too fast. I just noticed it happens only during boot-up,
24 with probability about 1:5. Maybe some starting processes are
25 conflicting with agetty. I do not think it is very serious problem,
26 as agetty on ttyS0 is always respawned after those 5min. All I want
27 is to reduce somehow those 5min time...
28
29 Jarry
33 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
34 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.