From: Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Steam downloading extremely
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 13:25:21
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I just got Steam installed and running successfully on my machine,
4 and tried to get CS:GO running smoothly, which made me really happy :-D
5
6 However when Steam is downloading games, the speed is extremely slow,
7 down to several KB/s, even some bytes/s.
8 I have already installed dnsmasq and it *was* good during downloading
9 CS:GO (~4MB/s), but became slow again with Civilization V.
10
11 I googled a lot but all point to installing dnsmasq, which I don't think
12 is really helpful since I already have done that...
13
14 Also I'm sure downloading region is correct.
15
16 Anybody experienced the same issue with dnsmasq installed?
17 Any clue is welcome and thanks in advance.
20 Danny