From: Nils Freydank <nils.freydank@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Steam downloading extremely
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 13:48:47
1 Hi guy,
2
3 Am Mittwoch, 15. März 2017, 14:24:10 CET schrieb Danny YUE:
4 > Hi guys,
5 >
6 > I just got Steam installed and running successfully on my machine,
7 > and tried to get CS:GO running smoothly, which made me really happy :-D
8 nice to hear, have fun with that!
9
10 > However when Steam is downloading games, the speed is extremely slow,
11 > down to several KB/s, even some bytes/s.
12 > I have already installed dnsmasq and it *was* good during downloading
13 > CS:GO (~4MB/s), but became slow again with Civilization V.
14 >
15 > I googled a lot but all point to installing dnsmasq, which I don't think
16 > is really helpful since I already have done that...
17 Just installing dnsmasq doesn’t change anything, and just starting it does
18 neither. I *assume* you did set it up as a local DNS cache, but please provide
19 some information about it:
20 - the source of the information, i.e. link to the page
21 - your setup:
22 * dnsmasq config
23 * /etc/resolv.conf
24 * other configs you think that matter here
25
26 > Also I'm sure downloading region is correct.
27 >
28 > Anybody experienced the same issue with dnsmasq installed?
29 > Any clue is welcome and thanks in advance.
32 > Danny
33
34 Nils
37 GPG fingerprint: '00EF D31F 1B60 D5DB ADB8 31C1 C0EC E696 0E54 475B'
38 Nils Freydank