From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Are VirtualBox moduli loaded by themselves?
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 15:38:44
1 2018-03-06 15:28 GMT+02:00 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>:
2 > IMO disabling module autoloading by openrc seems like trying to kill a
3 > fly with a shotgun. Just disable the configuration file that loads
4 > the particular modules that you don't want autoloaded, as was already
5 > suggested. Then when you install something else whose modules you do
6 > want to load you won't spend six hours trying to figure out why it
7 > doesn't work, because nobody helping you realized that you modified
8 > the default openrc config.
9
10 Yes, I will probably stick with the empty /etc/modules-load.d/virtualbox.conf
11 file solution.
12
13 > I mean, if you really don't like it I guess you can also stick the
14 > autoload script in INSTALL_MASK, which seems to be the go-to solution
15 > around here when some optional functionality bothers you...
16
17 And thank you for pointing out to this possibility.
18
19 P.S. I also thank all who have replied to this thread.