From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Are VirtualBox moduli loaded by themselves?
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 13:28:38
1 On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 4:21 AM, gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > So, I do not know how to disable this service.
6 IMO disabling module autoloading by openrc seems like trying to kill a
7 fly with a shotgun. Just disable the configuration file that loads
8 the particular modules that you don't want autoloaded, as was already
9 suggested. Then when you install something else whose modules you do
10 want to load you won't spend six hours trying to figure out why it
11 doesn't work, because nobody helping you realized that you modified
12 the default openrc config.
13
14 I mean, if you really don't like it I guess you can also stick the
15 autoload script in INSTALL_MASK, which seems to be the go-to solution
16 around here when some optional functionality bothers you...
19 Rich