From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] compressing pdf file
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 10:50:10
1 On February 22, 2017 11:12:01 PM GMT+01:00, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
2 >Thelma:
3 >> I have scaned pdf file (88-page) 23MB in size (downloaded this way).
4 >> Trying to reduce the size of the file I [...]
5 >
6 >Why don't you extract the images with pdfimages from the pdf and
7 >compress them with xv or convert (imagemagic) and maybe gimp can
8 >comress them also. Don't know how to get them back into a pdf though.
9 >
10 >Regards,
11 >/Karl Hammar
12 >
13 >-----------------------------------------------------------------------
14 >Aspö Data
15 >Lilla Aspö 148
16 >S-742 94 Östhammar
17 >Sweden
18 >+46 173 140 57
19
20 If I remember correctly, you can merge images into a PDF using convert:
21 # convert image1.jpg image2.jpg .... output.pdf
22
23 I use this technique when I find some images need turning or resorting after scanning bigger documents.
26 Joost
27 --
28 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.