From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kodi 19 stabilization
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 14:52:47
1 On 3/14/21 3:51 PM, Steve Evans wrote:
2 > On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 14:57:22 -0700
3 > Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Does anyone know if Kodi 19 is planning to be stabilized soon? I
6 >> haven't been able to update TV frontends since October.
7 >>
8 >> (Before you say remove Kodi, don't bother - these are TV frontends
9 >> and their only purpose is to run Kodi!)
10 >>
11 >> I'm also not interested in unmasking a ton of things to get it to
12 >> install...
15 > I have been running Kodi 19 since it was added to Gentoo and only had
16 > to unmask dev-libs/libudfread to get it to build. It has worked
17 > well other than some (non official) add ons not working because they
18 > have not been upgraded to Python 3.
19 >
20 > Steve
24 I may have to look into that. Thanks. However, as I've already waited so
25 many months what's another few? It's going to be a chore to upgrade
26 either way. :o)
27
28 Dan