From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: advice sought on new laptop for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 21:23:41
1 On 07/09/10 23:11, Eray Aslan wrote:
2 > On 07.09.2010 15:29, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> I figure that just like a top-grade mechanic should be looking at SnapOns or
4 >> similar in his toolbox, this here sysadmin also needs high quality tools. My
5 >> chief tool is my notebook.
6 > It's the weight not the price that is the deciding factor us. I guess
7 > depends on how much traveling you do. There is no one final ultimate
8 > answer. It depends. Labeling low res solutions as "cheap crap" was
9 > uncalled for.
10 He didn't say "low res" = "cheap crap". He said student and budget
11 ranges were cheap crap. Our execs like smaller laptops (not netbooks)
12 that are easier to use on airplanes that, because of the smaller screen
13 size, have lower resolutions. That's not to say they're "cheap crap";
14 just because they're small doesn't mean they're no good.
15
16 Jake Moe