From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] connecting phone (sonyericsson c702) as mass storage device: one works, not the other [SOLVED]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 06:51:18
1 Erik schrieb:
2 > Carlos skrev:
3 >> Erik a écrit :
4 >>> I have a strange problem when trying to connect a telephone
5 >>> (SonyEricsspm C702) as a mass storage device.I have 2 such telephones,
6 >>> let us call them Black and Green.
7 [snip]
8 >>> /var/log/messages for the 2 telephones:
9 >> Google result from
10 >> "Sony Eri Memory Stick" "hostbyte=0x05 driverbyte=0x00"
11 >>
12 >> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=548343
13 >>
14 >> Of course, this may not be your problem but worth comparing phone
15 >> firmware.
18 > That was it! Now I remember that I had upgraded the firmware in Black
19 > back in April. Did the same with Green now and it works! Thanks a lot!
22 Hi,
23
24 how did you update the phone? My question is: did you have to install
25 the 30MB download (for firmware) on windows or did it work with wine and
26 gentoo?
27
28 kh