From: Erik <esigra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] connecting phone (sonyericsson c702) as mass storage device: one works, not the other [SOLVED]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 05:53:52
1 KH skrev:
2 > Erik schrieb:
3 >> Carlos skrev:
4 >>> Erik a écrit :
5 >>>> I have a strange problem when trying to connect a telephone
6 >>>> (SonyEricsspm C702) as a mass storage device.I have 2 such telephones,
7 >>>> let us call them Black and Green.
8 > [snip]
9 >>> Google result from
10 >>> "Sony Eri Memory Stick" "hostbyte=0x05 driverbyte=0x00"
11 >>>
12 >>> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=548343
13 >>>
14 >>> Of course, this may not be your problem but worth comparing phone
15 >>> firmware.
18 >> That was it! Now I remember that I had upgraded the firmware in Black
19 >> back in April. Did the same with Green now and it works! Thanks a lot!
22 > how did you update the phone? My question is: did you have to install
23 > the 30MB download (for firmware) on windows or did it work with wine
24 > and gentoo?
27 No windows, wine or gentoo. Just Settings->Updateservice->Search for
28 uppdate.