From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] .config file for gentoo guest on vmware workstation 7.1.4
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:45:05
1 On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 22:17:12 -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2
3 > >> Do you know which one workstation uses? AFAICT there's no option to
4 > >> choose which controller is presented to the guest.
5 > >
6 > > You get to choose when you create the VM.
7 >
8 > Only in ESX/vSphere, not for Workstation. At least not yet.
9 > Somewhat silly, IMO, since the hardware support is there
10 > under the hood if you know how to find it.
11
12 There's an option to choose the SCSI controller in the new VM wizard.
13 This is in WS 6.5, I don't have 7, and has been there in previous
14 releases.
15
16 BTW I am subscribed to this list and will see your response without your
17 sending a copy to my inbox.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 It's not a bug, it's tradition!