From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] .config file for gentoo guest on vmware workstation 7.1.4
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:32:33
1 On 4/11/2011 3:43 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 22:17:12 -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> Do you know which one workstation uses? AFAICT there's no option to
5 >>>> choose which controller is presented to the guest.
6 >>>
7 >>> You get to choose when you create the VM.
8 >>
9 >> Only in ESX/vSphere, not for Workstation. At least not yet.
10 >> Somewhat silly, IMO, since the hardware support is there
11 >> under the hood if you know how to find it.
12 >
13 > There's an option to choose the SCSI controller in the new VM wizard.
14 > This is in WS 6.5, I don't have 7, and has been there in previous
15 > releases.
16
17 But that dialog does not give you the option to use the VMWare
18 Paravirtual controller, correct? Its definitely not there in my
19 Workstation 7 wizard, and I'd love to make it show up if possible :)
20
21 The only options I have are for BusLogic, LSI Logic, and LSI Logic SAS.
22
23 > BTW I am subscribed to this list and will see your response without your
24 > sending a copy to my inbox.
25
26 Yah, sorry. Hit "Reply to All" instead of "Reply to List" by accident.
27
28 --Mike