From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do you leave it on? USE="berkdb"
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 03:25:51
1 > I have mine off. However, you should see which packages you have
2 > installed that would take advantage of it before you turn it off globally.
3 >
4 > Grant wrote:
5 > > Do you guys leave the berkdb USE flag on? It seems to be a default
6 > > flag, but I've been using -berkdb in make.conf ever since I started
7 > > using Gentoo. Is it basically a better way for lots of different
8 > > packages to manage their databases?
9 > >
10 > > - Grant
11
12 Does anyone else have a comment on this? Does turning on berkdb
13 increase the performance of the applications that can utilize it, with
14 the downside of another package on the system? How about gdbm?
15
16 - Grant
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list