From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Major problems with libpcre / UTF8
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 18:46:46
1 On Friday, 16 December 2022 18:42:41 GMT Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > Thanks everybody. I had "-unicode" in my USE flags all these years.
3 > "emerge --changed-use --deep --update @world" has 11 ebuilds scheduled.
4 > and is running OK. Again, I apologize for a possible duplicate post or
5 > bounces as the mail host I use was down yestersday.
6 >
7 > A few minutes later... everything rebuilt with "+unicode" in make.conf
8 > I have 'unicode="YES"' in /etc/rc.conf. No improvements in my system.
9 > "xterm" still hows as "xem". How does "emerge -e @world" sound? That's
10 > 615 packages.
11
12 Have you sorted out your locale to include UTF-8?
13
14 Check this page:
15
16 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Localization/Guide