From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Major problems with libpcre / UTF8
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 18:42:45
1 Thanks everybody. I had "-unicode" in my USE flags all these years.
2 "emerge --changed-use --deep --update @world" has 11 ebuilds scheduled.
3 and is running OK. Again, I apologize for a possible duplicate post or
4 bounces as the mail host I use was down yestersday.
5
6 A few minutes later... everything rebuilt with "+unicode" in make.conf
7 I have 'unicode="YES"' in /etc/rc.conf. No improvements in my system.
8 "xterm" still hows as "xem". How does "emerge -e @world" sound? That's
9 615 packages.
12 I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe; Gopher, Netscape with
13 frames, the first Browser Wars. Searching for pages with AltaVista,
14 pop-up windows self-replicating, trying to uninstall RealPlayer. All
15 those moments, will be lost in time like tears in rain... time to die.