From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about optimal mplayer settings
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 08:51:34
1 On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:05:14 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > This may help, may not. When I was playing with this a year or so
5 > ago, I found a HD test video on the internet somewhere. I'm pretty
6 > sure it was 1080p. I set smplayer to play and repeat the video and
7 > then I watched the CPU and temps on the video card. I would try each
8 > setting and see how much CPU load there was and watched the temps on
9 > the video card. I figure if the card temps are warmer, it is giving
10 > the card a work out instead of my CPU.
11
12 Personally I use a local Bluray 1080p rip of Transformers3 for that.
13
14 I figure if the scene with Optimus and Sentinel bashing hunks off each
15 other doesn't give a GPU a decent work-out, then nothing will....
16
17 and it's a fun movie, much more interesting to watch than temp guages
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com