From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Pipewire not a dependency?
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 10:54:28
1 On 01/10/2022 19:56, Michael wrote:
2 > Anyway, I ventured into pipewire because I wanted to see if Skype would work
3 > without pulseaudio and in this system it won't. After I manually installed
4 > pipewire Skype won't access the microphone. :-(
5
6 Maybe Skype uses ALSA? It's best to enable the "pipewire-alsa" USE flag
7 on pipewire and disable the "pulseaudio" flag on alsa-plugins:
8
9 media-video/pipewire: pipewire-alsa
10 media-plugins/alsa-plugins: -pulseaudio
11
12 This replaces pulseaudio's ALSA plugin with pipewire's. Skype might work
13 with this.