From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which NIC is which?
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 18:06:22
1 Am 12.11.2010 16:57, schrieb Colt Jones:
2 > I usually do one of two things. Depending on the situation.
3 >
4 > If both NICs are from the same vendor I install mii-tool and only plug
5 > in one port. mii-tool will show link state. This when it negotiates it
6 > will show output like:
7 >
8 > eth0: negotiated 1000baseT-FD flow-control, link ok
9 > eth1: no link
10
11 OK, yes. This needs physical access and, as you said, depends on the
12 situation.
13
14 > If the NICs are from different vendors I usally just do a ifconfig and
15 > grab the MAC addresses of the cards. Then I Google for a mac lookup
16 > tool. The first 6 digits of a MAC are vendor specific.
17 >
18 > Hope this helps!
19
20 Yep, thank you!