From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: URGENT: nfs stopped working
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 15:18:57
1 On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 4:51 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann <
2 volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Saturday 30 April 2011 19:53:21 Dale wrote:
5 > > Adam Carter wrote:
6 > > > I use nfs about twice/year to transfer large files between
7 > > > machines -- so
8 > > > I'm quite an expert at praying to the computer gods to "please
9 > > > let
10 > > > this nfs
11 > > > mount work just this one last time and I'll never bother you
12 > > > again, I promise!"
13 > > >
14 > > > I'm lying, of course, because I intend to do it again six months
15 > > > from now.
16 > > >
17 > > > Why not just use scp of sftp since its so infrequent?
18 > >
19 > > New can of worms. o_O
22 > scp is fucking easy to do. Even easier: pure-ftpd.
23 >
24 > I'm using sys-fs/sshfs-fuse which is working very good, and it is really
25 easy to setup.
26
27 Kfir