From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: URGENT: nfs stopped working
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 14:59:42
1 On Saturday 30 April 2011 19:53:21 Dale wrote:
2 > Adam Carter wrote:
3 > > I use nfs about twice/year to transfer large files between
4 > > machines -- so
5 > > I'm quite an expert at praying to the computer gods to "please
6 > > let
7 > > this nfs
8 > > mount work just this one last time and I'll never bother you
9 > > again, I promise!"
10 > >
11 > > I'm lying, of course, because I intend to do it again six months
12 > > from now.
13 > >
14 > > Why not just use scp of sftp since its so infrequent?
15 >
16 > New can of worms. o_O
19 scp is fucking easy to do. Even easier: pure-ftpd.