From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: URGENT: nfs stopped working
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 20:22:31
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Saturday 30 April 2011 19:53:21 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Adam Carter wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I use nfs about twice/year to transfer large files between
7 >>> machines -- so
8 >>> I'm quite an expert at praying to the computer gods to "please
9 >>> let
10 >>> this nfs
11 >>> mount work just this one last time and I'll never bother you
12 >>> again, I promise!"
13 >>>
14 >>> I'm lying, of course, because I intend to do it again six months
15 >>> from now.
16 >>>
17 >>> Why not just use scp of sftp since its so infrequent?
18 >>>
19 >> New can of worms. o_O
22 > scp is fucking easy to do. Even easier: pure-ftpd.
26 Yea, like using hal. lol I used scp a few times. Figuring out how to
27 get it to work was like pulling teeth.
28
29 It did work once I got it figured out.
30
31 Dale
32