From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] System date/time goes to GMT when PC wakes from hibernate
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 18:26:56
1 On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 06:13:41PM -0400, Fernando Rodriguez wrote
2
3 > There's an option CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS on the kernel to do it
4 > automatically. I think it uses utc so if you use localtime it may
5 > mess it up. This also came up recently on this list but I can't
6 > remember what the problem was so you may want to look there.
7
8 Thanks, I think that's the problem.
9
10 # CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS is not set
11
12 ...on both my desktop, and on the netbook. The only difference is that
13 the netbook's Poulsbo chipset (bleagh) doesn't play nice with hibernate,
14 so I do a full shutdown, and the startup is from the text console login
15 prompt. The problem didn't show up when I was re-installing (32 -> 64
16 bit upgrade) on my desktop, and doing full shutdowns and rebooting. So
17 this seems
18
19 I seem to remember this popping up as a new option recently during a
20 kernel upgrade...
21
22 Device Drivers > Real Time Clock
23 [ ] Set system time from RTC on startup and resume
24
25 This appears to do automatically what I do with the hwclock command in
26 the OnResume option. Like 99% of all new stuff on "make oldconfig", I
27 said "No". This time, it came back to bite me. Next kernel upgrade,
28 I'll have to set that option on.
31 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
32 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications