From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [O/T] netstat security puzzle
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 19:06:18
1 On Sunday 18 Dec 2016 10:55:14 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > >I'll
3 > >investigate Tom H's hint that the local router's dhcp server may be the
4 > >
5 > >culrpit. I seem to recall this PC had booted with a Knoppix CD some
6 > >days ago,
7 > >perhaps this was cached by the router.
8 >
9 > I think dhcpcd and co cache the results given in /var.... somewhere.
10 > They also can log into /var/log/messages
11 >
12 > --
13 > Joost
14
15 Thank you all for your help. The problem was not with the Mint installation,
16 but with the router's DHCP server caching the ClientName as Knoppix from an
17 earlier session of booting a Knoppix LiveCD.
20 Regards,
21 Mick