From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM and LABELS in fstab
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 05:19:50
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:37:59 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Also, this will only work if the VG has sufficient unused space (eg.
5 >>> not used by LVs) on the other disk(s) to accomodate the data moved.
6 >> Thanks. Clear as mud now. lol I'm getting there. Is there a tool
7 >> to see if there is enough room to do this before trying it?
8 > pvs, vgs and lvs are your friends here. As long as the free space
9 > reported by vgs is more than pvs reports as the size of the partition you
10 > want to remove, you will be fine.
11 >
12 > Although pvmove will also let you know if there isn't enough space for
13 > what you want.
17 I found something that is a bit annoying here. I have gkrellm running
18 on my desktop to sort of keep a eye on things. This works fine for the
19 little part down at the bottom with how much is used and how much is
20 free. Thing is, the part that shows activity doesn't have anything for
21 LVM. I have the listing for the individual drives, sdb and sdc, but
22 nothing for the whole thing.
23
24 Is there a way to make this work? I googled but I couldn't find
25 anything on this one. Well, a few worthless hits that just happen to
26 have the words on the same page for some reason.
27
28 Dale
29
33 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!