From: James Wall <wallservices@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM and LABELS in fstab
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 13:03:44
1 On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:37:59 -0600, Dale wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>> Also, this will only work if the VG has sufficient unused space (eg.
7 >>>> not used by LVs) on the other disk(s) to accomodate the data moved.
8 >>>
9 >>> Thanks.  Clear as mud now.   lol  I'm getting there.  Is there a tool
10 >>> to see if there is enough room to do this before trying it?
11 >>
12 >> pvs, vgs and lvs are your friends here. As long as the free space
13 >> reported by vgs is more than pvs reports as the size of the partition you
14 >> want to remove, you will be fine.
15 >>
16 >> Although pvmove will also let you know if there isn't enough space for
17 >> what you want.
21 > I found something that is a bit annoying here.  I have gkrellm running on my
22 > desktop to sort of keep a eye on things.  This works fine for the little
23 > part down at the bottom with how much is used and how much is free.  Thing
24 > is, the part that shows activity doesn't have anything for LVM.  I have the
25 > listing for the individual drives, sdb and sdc, but nothing for the whole
26 > thing.
27 >
28 > Is there a way to make this work?  I googled but I couldn't find anything on
29 > this one.  Well, a few worthless hits that just happen to have the words on
30 > the same page for some reason.
31
32 Look for /dev/dm-0 to monitor your lvm partition. that is what I use
33 to monitor my LVM /, swap, and /home partitions in the monitor setup.
34 > Dale
35 >
37 >
38 > --
39 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
40 > you interpreted my words!
48 No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large
49 number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.