From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 11:34:05
1 Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 23:11:08 +0100, lee wrote:
3 > > >> But you already heard of udev rules? I guess I mentioned them
4 > > >> already. They are not so hard to write and they only need to be
5 > > >> written once.
6 > > > It's too late by then, if eth0 and eth1 already exist, you cannot
7 > > > switch them with udev rules - as anyone who had worked with dual NICs
8 > > > would have discovered.
9 > > Can you switch them when they have unrecognisable names?
10 > You can't switch any two names because the udev rules are run singly, so
11 > at one point you will be trying to rename an interface with a name that
12 > is already in use.
13 ...
14
15 Not everyone runs udev, and you don't need udev to change the eth name,
16 a few other choises are presented here:
17
18 https://ivi.fnwi.uva.nl/sne/air//wiki/LogicalInterfaceNames/
19
20 Regards,