From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revisit bouncing messages from this list
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 20:11:30
1 On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 12:44:32 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > I've done that, and I'll look again, but I don't recall seeing what I
4 > > need.  What that help message does have is a command for requesting
5 > > the list server to resend a message based on message number.  That
6 > > fails for me, as the resend bounces for the same reason the original
7 > > bounced, even if I don't know exactly what that was.  I've tried it
8 > > numerous times, and have never received the requested resend.  I need
9 > > a way to find the message through the web interface of the list
10 > > archives - but that works by message-id, not message number, thus  my
11 > > need to translate.
15 > In the past I've tried following the instructions, used to be on the
16 > Gentoo site somewhere, and I've never got it to work.  I literally copy
17 > and pasted the info and it has never sent the missing messages or a
18 > error message.  If you do get it to work, I'd love to know how you did
19 > it.
20
21 It has generally worked for me, but after all that trouble, I get a
22 message that I have already read because a responder quoted it in its
23 entirety :-O
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 WinErr 01C: Uncertainty error - Uncertainty may be inadequate.