From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Crossover Office and Word 2007
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 04:30:17
1 On 2009-01-26, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > These are shared documents. I can't just change what they are
4 > based on my own preferences.
5 >
6 > I need an app that WRITES .docx. If Office 2007 is the only
7 > one that does it, so be it. But a workaround or another way to
8 > skin this cat is not what I need here.
9
10 In my experience, finding an app that writes .docx isn't going
11 to be good enough if the documents are shared. If you're
12 exporting or importing something just one time, you can get
13 usually away with it after some minor fixing afterwards.
14
15 But if it's a shared document and needs to be edited multiple
16 times by multiple people, you just can't get away with using
17 two different apps -- hell, not even two different versions of
18 MSWord. If you go back and forth many times, the document will
19 steadily "deteriorate" with each transition from one app to
20 another. At least that's my experience.
21
22 Sorry.
25 Grant