From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Crossover Office and Word 2007
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:32:02
1 On Tuesday 27 January 2009 00:16:04 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > I have a stock standard openoffice-3.0.0 here (not bin) and it claims to
4 > > write Office 2003 XML. I believe from colleagues that this is not the
5 > > same as 2007 .docx and I believe them as my Office 2003 in Crossover
6 > > cannot open .docx
7 > >
8 > > I could be wrong though - I don't know all the ins and outs of MS's
9 > > latest format decisions
10 >
11 > You can write in 2003 format. I think Office 2007 should open them just
12 > fine, or?
13
14 These are shared documents. I can't just change what they are based on my own
15 preferences.
16
17 I need an app that WRITES .docx. If Office 2007 is the only one that does it,
18 so be it. But a workaround or another way to skin this cat is not what I need
19 here.
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com