From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] k3b burning BD-Disk pretends to fail at 99.99%
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 14:20:51
1 Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > > Okay, then, is your patch necessary when using this command:
6 > > growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/sr0=image.iso
7 > > with a DVD?
8 >
9 > No. I do not know about any growisofs flaws with DVD.
10
11 As mentioned before: growisofs does not correctly follow the SCSI standard
12 and as a result, it does not work with all drives. In addition, growisofs does
13 not know about firmware bugs and this also causes problems with some drives.
14
15 It's source is compiled using the C++ compiler, but inside it looks like
16 assembly. If the original author does no longer support it, more than small
17 changes are not worth being done.
18
19 I would be interested if anyone misses specific features from growisofs in
20 cdrecord.
21
22 Jörg
25 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin