From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Experiences with Flatpak?
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 19:18:05
1 On 25/01/2019 20:48, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > But, flatpak isn't in the standard portage tree, so you have to use an
3 > overlay or local repo.
4 >
5 > This is beginning to look like a lot of work.
6 >
7 > Is it practical to use flatpak apps on Gentoo?
8
9 I was using it for a while. Not anymore.
10
11 It does exactly what it says on the box. However, GUI applications
12 installed in flatpak will completely ignore your desktop settings.
13 flatpak comes with its own gtk/qt/gnome/kde libraries and its own
14 completely separate settings for the desktop environment.
15
16 This is why I'm not using it anymore. GUI apps look like ass.