From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Somewhat OT] Backup software for CDs.
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:31:43
1 On Wednesday 18 April 2007 11:15, Dale wrote:
2
3 > It has been a while and I still can not get mondoarchive to work. I
4 > get
5 >
6 > this:
7 > > root@smoker / # mondoarchive
8 > > Initializing...
9 > > See /var/log/mondo-archive.log for details of backup run.
10 > > root is mounted at /dev/hda
11 > > Checking sanity of your Linux distribution
12 > > Please install 'mindi'. I cannot find it on your system.
13 > > There may be hyperlink at http://www.mondorescue.com which
14 > > will take you to the relevant (missing) package.
15 > > Could not ascertain mindi's version number.
16 > > You have not installed Mondo and/or Mindi properly.
17 > > Please uninstall and reinstall them both.
18 > > Fatal error... Please reinstall Mondo and Mindi.
19 > > ---FATALERROR--- Please reinstall Mondo and Mindi.
20 > > If you require technical support, please contact the mailing list.
21 > > See http://www.mondorescue.org for details.
22 > > Log file: /var/log/mondo-archive.log
23 > > FYI, I have gzipped the log and saved it to /tmp/MA.log.gz
24 > > The list's members can help you, if you attach that file to your
25 > > e-mail. Mondo has aborted.
26 > > Execution run ended; result=254
27 > > Type 'less /var/log/mondo-archive.log' to see the output log
28 > > root@smoker / #
29
30 That's because it cannot find mindi:
31
32 bach ~ # mindi
33 -bash: mindi: command not found
34
35 /usr/sbin/mindi is a broken symlink to /usr/share/mindi/mindi, which does
36 not exist. There is a bug for this on b.g.o. (along with others for
37 missing dependencies in the ebuild). Furthermore, it's not clear at all
38 what the current portage status of mondo-rescue is.
39 The liquidx overlay has newer mondo ebuilds, but doing a quick check they
40 seem to be broken too.
41
42 It's perhaps easier to use some other tool with better "official" portage
43 support, like dar/kdar (yes, I'm aware that I am the one that suggested
44 mondorescue in the first place, but at that time I was using it under
45 LFS, not gentoo. Nevertheless, I thought setting it up under gentoo
46 should have been easy - hence my advice -, but it seems that I was
47 wrong. My apologies).
48 --
49 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list