From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Somewhat OT] Backup software for CDs.
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:58:10
1 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
4 > That's because it cannot find mindi:
5 >
6 > bach ~ # mindi
7 > -bash: mindi: command not found
8 >
9 > /usr/sbin/mindi is a broken symlink to /usr/share/mindi/mindi, which does
10 > not exist. There is a bug for this on b.g.o. (along with others for
11 > missing dependencies in the ebuild). Furthermore, it's not clear at all
12 > what the current portage status of mondo-rescue is.
13 > The liquidx overlay has newer mondo ebuilds, but doing a quick check they
14 > seem to be broken too.
15 >
16 > It's perhaps easier to use some other tool with better "official" portage
17 > support, like dar/kdar (yes, I'm aware that I am the one that suggested
18 > mondorescue in the first place, but at that time I was using it under
19 > LFS, not gentoo. Nevertheless, I thought setting it up under gentoo
20 > should have been easy - hence my advice -, but it seems that I was
21 > wrong. My apologies).
24 Well, looks like by now it would have been fixed. :/ I'm not sure I
25 can use Kdar to do a system backup. I use it to backup my Documents and
26 such though. Problem is, it uses the .dar thing instead of a regular
27 tarball. I also don't think I can uncompress it from the Gentoo CD either.
28
29 Kdar is nice but it seems to me that this mondo thing would be better to
30 rescue from.
31
32 Oh well, Say a prayer that nothing breaks. ;-) Open to ideas though. :-)
33
34 Dale
35
39 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
40
41 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.