From: Dimitar Toshev <mo6eeeb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Radeon trouble
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 18:56:32
1 On Friday 01 June 2007, Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 01 June 2007 20:09, Alex Schuster wrote:
3 > > It is a ATI Radeon 9250 (128 MB-AGP, 200/240 MHz). I added fglrx and
4 > > radeon to my VIDEO_CARDS in /etc/make.conf, now it is VIDEO_CARDS="fglrx
5 > > radeon nvidia nv vesa vga fbdev". X was updated with "emerge -uN
6 > > xorg-x11".
7 >
8 > You need either the radeon driver OR the ati-drivers. Up to you. If the
9 > former take everything else out of VIDEO_CARDS="...." except for radeon and
10 > try configuring your xorg.conf. Alternatively, take radeon out, put fglrx
11 > in and emerge ati-drivers before you try to configure your xorg.conf again.
12 >
13 > If I were you I would first read really carefully this:
14 >
15 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ati-faq.xml
16
17 ATI has discontinued support for 9250 and below for some time now. The only
18 option is the open-source radeon driver. It's quite good, actually - much
19 more stable than fglrx, has support for almost all features of the cards
20 (tvout is a notable exception) and you never have to worry that the next Xorg
21 or kernel update will break your graphics drivers.
24 Dimitar Toshev
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list