From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Radeon trouble
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 19:44:58
1 On Friday 01 June 2007 20:09, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > It is a ATI Radeon 9250 (128 MB-AGP, 200/240 MHz). I added fglrx and radeon
4 > to my VIDEO_CARDS in /etc/make.conf, now it is VIDEO_CARDS="fglrx radeon
5 > nvidia nv vesa vga fbdev". X was updated with "emerge -uN xorg-x11".
6
7 You need either the radeon driver OR the ati-drivers. Up to you. If the
8 former take everything else out of VIDEO_CARDS="...." except for radeon and
9 try configuring your xorg.conf. Alternatively, take radeon out, put fglrx in
10 and emerge ati-drivers before you try to configure your xorg.conf again.
11
12 If I were you I would first read really carefully this:
13
14 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ati-faq.xml
15 --
16 Regards,