From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommend me a good PCMCIA wireless network card
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 07:58:08
1 Ian K wrote:
2
3 >My other laptop has a nice atheros wireless card, very painless to set
4 >up. I dont know what
5 >chipsets are on what cards, so perhaps you could give me a model name
6 >and brand?
9 Unfortunately, neither does anybody else on this list. This is because
10 manufacturers have a habit of changing chipsets without changing model
11 numbers. So lot #1234 can be atheros, while #1235 can be intersil,
12 #1236 can be, well you get the picture.
13
14 The best is to buy from a store with a liberal return/exchange
15 policy...of course it always helps if it says "supports linux" on the box!
16
17 -Richard
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list