From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: cookie_monster
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 22:37:42
1 On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:32:02 +0000 (UTC)
2 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes <at> waltdnes.org> writes:
5
6 > > You also mentioned "flash cookies" in passing. They're a totally
7 > > different animal. They're files that reside in directories
8 > > ~/.adobe and ~/.macromedia.
9
10 > Only those (2) apps have flash cookies?
11
12 I never find them in ~/.adobe, so I think only ~/.macromedia has them.
13
14 > Flashcookies are new issues for me.
15 > What the heck are they being used by these apps?
16 > Just to avoid detection and removal?
17 >
18 > If so, it seems somebody would create and add_on to
19 > deal with this crap or include this "cleansing" via
20 > an establish security script......?
21
22 <https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/> gives pretty
23 good options for deleting them on open, close, or using a timer. It
24 also lets you protect some from cleaning if you want. I don't protect
25 any of mine, including the one which stores basic Flash settings,
26 without noticing any ill effects on pages which use Flash.