From: Hinko Kocevar <hinko.kocevar@×××××××××.si>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New b43 driver can't find my AP
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 13:04:49
1 Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > After upgrading to the 2.6.24 kernel and switching from the bcm driver
5 > to the new b43 driver, I can no longer attach to my AP. If I downgrade
6 > to 2.6.23 it starts working again, so I'm confident that the hardware
7 > setup is all fine. Using the new driver, "iwscan" does not locate any
8 > APs and running wpa_supplicant hangs scanning for an AP to attach to.
9 > The driver seems to find the card ok and I followed the instructions
10 > here: http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43 to get the correct
11 > firmware. I also compiled both b43 and b43-legacy (since I have a 4306
12 > rev 3 and wasn't sure which one worked) but the driver attaches b43 to
13 > my card.
14 >
15 > Does anyone know what I can do to track down the problem?
18 FYI, I had similar issues with bcm4311 on a Dell inspiron laptop using
19 2.6.25 - I had to turn on the bluetooth too, to make WiFi work...
20
21 Regards,
22 Hinko
25 ČETRTA POT, d.o.o., Kranj