From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: local file containing a web site
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 00:14:43
1 On 2017-06-10 16:43, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > I would like to produce a file containing what is seen when viewing
4 > > that web page (it brings in other pages). A pdf would be good, but
5 > > others would be OK.
6 > >
7 > > The goal is to be able to put this on a flash drive and be able to
8 > > view in without net access.
9
10 > After all, some things do disappear sometimes for unknown reasons. I
11 > use Seamonkey but I'm pretty sure Firefox has this, Palemoon likely
12 > does too. I use the print function but instead of printing to a
13 > printer, I select file and PDF. Sometimes it doesn't work right but
14 > quite often, it works without any problems.
15
16 On friendly (i.e. old-fashioned) pages, I can run lynx -dump. But
17 these are getting rare :-(, so I end up using the print to pdf feature
18 Dale mentions.
21 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
22 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
23 Don't clear-text sign:
24 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html