From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local file containing a web site
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 21:43:59
1 allan gottlieb wrote:
2 > I was interviewed and the material was put on a website
3 > (news.mit.edu/2017/reflections-puzzle-keeper-allan-gottlieb-0608).
4 >
5 > For someone to view this they need that
6 > 1. They are on the net.
7 > 2. MIT has not removed it.
8 >
9 > I would like to produce a file containing what is seen when viewing that
10 > web page (it brings in other pages). A pdf would be good, but others
11 > would be OK.
12 >
13 > The goal is to be able to put this on a flash drive and be able to view
14 > in without net access.
15 >
16 > Thanks
17 > allan
21 I run up on things I want to save that way too. Sometimes I run up on a
22 garden, electronics or other site that I want to save a few pages from.
23 After all, some things do disappear sometimes for unknown reasons. I
24 use Seamonkey but I'm pretty sure Firefox has this, Palemoon likely does
25 too. I use the print function but instead of printing to a printer, I
26 select file and PDF. Sometimes it doesn't work right but quite often,
27 it works without any problems.
28
29 Another thing I do, if the above doesn't work, copy what I want, open
30 Libreoffice, OOo or whatever and paste it in there. Sometimes I have to
31 select to do it as html code. Generally, it just pastes right in,
32 images and all. After that, I save it as a PDF file after doing any
33 tweaking I want to do, making letters larger etc etc. I like larger
34 print since I'm getting older. :/
35
36 I did the first step above here. I'll send it off list. It's small but
37 some may not want attachments sent to the list. Hope that helps.
38
39 Dale
40