From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck won't work if ac cord not attached?!
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:45:06
1 > Hi group,
2 >
3 > When my netbook boots under battery power w/o the ac adapter connected
4 > I get this warning msg in the boot  window: 'Skipping fsck due to not
5 > being an ac adapter'. Chaos ensues. The warning appears in
6 > /etc/init.d/fsck.
7 >
8 > How do I fix this? Some option in /etc/conf.d/fsck?
9
10 I did some googling and found two links which could be of service.
11
12 The first is the Gentoo Handbook on power management:
13 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/power-management-guide.xml
14
15 Do you have powermgmt-base installed?
16
17 Also, the top post here seems similar to your question, but I can't
18 find anything like lvcheck on my own system (or for Gentoo...maybe
19 it's named something else):
20 http://markmail.org/message/5ipnsva3xkdyzzfy
21
22 I can say that with newer kernels (2.6.30 at least and above) if I
23 pull the ac power, my backlight automatically dims. I'm pretty sure
24 it was done automatically by either the kernel or another update
25 (probably based on some option like Power Management enabled in the
26 kernel), since I don't have any power management stuff setup except
27 battery level monitoring.
28
29 Regards,
30 daid