From: smurfd <smurfd@×××××.com>
To: "David M. Fellows" <dmf@××××××××××××××.ca>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package updated rss feed not working
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 11:21:33
1 On 2021-02-02 19:26, David M. Fellows wrote:
2 >> Lets try this again, 1st mail did not seem to get through?!
3 >>
4 > It got through to my part of tyhe world.
5 >
6 >> On 2021-01-30 11:29, smurfd wrote:
7 >>> hey
8 >>>
9 >>> since a while back the rss feed :
10 >>> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/updated.atom
11 >>>
12 >>> is not working. today i looked into it, i get : 429 Too Many
13 >>> Requests   if i go to that page.
14 >>>
15 >>> just fyi
16 >>>
17 >>> br smurfd
18 >>>
19 > A visit to https://infra-status.gentoo.org
20 > reveals the following information:
21 >
22 > packages.gentoo.org Atom feeds broken.
23 >
24 > packages.gentoo.org is having some performance problems. We believe the
25 > root cause is Atom feeds causing expensive queries and we have disabled
26 > the feeds. If you experience a 429 error, it is likely due to this service
27 > change. We are working on resolving this; but it may be a few weeks.
28 > Fri, 01 Jan 2021 00:00:00 GMT
29 > No ETA for service recovery available.
30 >
31 > DaveF
32
33 awesome, atleast you are aware of the problem :)
34
35 br smurfd